James P. PitzAttorney
Born and raised in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, James Pitz is a civil litigation and personal injury lawyer at Sigman, Janssen, Sewall, Pitz & Burkham. He received his Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science and Criminal Justice from the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh and his Juris Doctorate from the University of Wisconsin Law School.
James became an attorney because he’s passionate about helping people in need. Whether it’s hearing a kind word from a former client or getting a referral from someone he’s helped, James takes pride in his responsibilities as an attorney when clients trust him to get the best results possible for their cases. Throughout his career, he has represented more than 1,500 clients who were dealing with injuries, disability, and wrongful death claims.
A keen competitor since childhood, James always strives to be the best in whatever he does, and he hates to lose. In fact, James remembers triumphing over several more experienced defense attorneys early in his career because of his confidence and his refusal to shy away from a challenge. He brings this competitiveness to each case he takes on at Sigman Janssen.
In his personal life, one of James’s top priorities is seeing his children succeed at school, at sports, and in life, and he spends hundreds of hours each year coaching youth baseball and basketball teams. He uses this opportunity to mentor local children and to become a positive role model in their lives.
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, cum laude, B.S.
- University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D.
- Wisconsin, 1993
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1993
- United States District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin, 1993
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association
- Outagamie County Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Association for Justice
- Appleton West Youth Basketball Association, Coach, Board Member, Vice-President and President
- Grand Chute Baseball, Coach and Board Member
- St. Mary’s Catholic Church, Parish Council and Chairman