Appleton Divorce Attorney
Finding Satisfactory Resolutions in Divorce Cases
At Sigman, Janssen, Sewall, Pitz & Burkham, it’s our priority to help you reach an ideal resolution based on the unique circumstances that exist within your family. We will listen to your needs and explain how the court will likely view your situation. We understand divorce proceedings are an emotionally charged time for all parties involved. That’s why we’ll do our best to explain what the law allows and what is a reasonable request to bring before the court. Find out how our Appleton divorce attorneys can help with your claim by calling (800) 775-1441 or completing a free initial consultation form.
Common Divorce Disputes
Our legal team handles a variety of common divorce disputes, including:
- child custody,
- child placement,
- child support,
- financial issues (including division, retirement, or investment accounts),
- and maintenance or alimony disputes.
If you are struggling with one of these issues, or any other divorce-related dispute, our divorce law attorneys can help. We’ll sit down with you to gather information about your particular situation, file divorce pleadings with the court on your behalf if necessary, and prepare your case for final resolution through negotiation or trial.
Helping You Reach Resolution
Our experienced Appleton divorce attorneys use a variety of techniques when handling divorce disputes, such as:
- attending joint settlement conferences or meetings.
- exchanging written proposals and letters.
- filing appropriate paperwork, including summons, petitions for divorce (with or without minor children), and confidential petition addendums.
- participating in mediation and depositions.
- taking your claim to trial before the circuit court judge or family court commissioner.
Depending on the circumstances of your case, in Wisconsin it will take at least 120 days from the date of the divorce filing before your case will be finalized. Your attorney will work with you to achieve a resolution that is as close to your ideal outcome as the law will allow.
Get the legal help you need today by contacting Sigman, Janssen, Sewall, Pitz & Burkham. We’ll use our experience to help guide you through the legal system.