Sigman Janssen Legal Blog

What should I do if I’ve been hurt on the job?

May 02, 2018

If you’ve suffered a workplace injury, the first thing you should do is report your accident to your employer. Find your supervisor or the manager on duty and inform him or her about your injury, including how and where it happened.

Second, you should seek medical attention, even if your injuries don’t seem to be severe. Some injuries may take time to occur, and others can get worse over time. Your doctor can provide you with a copy of your medical report, which can be useful when building your case. Your doctor also can provide a return-to-work report stating your work limitations. A copy of this report should also be given to your employer.

Finally, you should contact a qualified Appleton workers’ compensation lawyer. At Sigman Janssen, we’ve been helping injured victims move on with their lives since 1925. Let us start helping you today—dial (800) 775-1441 or complete our free initial consultation form.