Sigman Janssen Legal Blog

What kind of compensation is available to me if I’m injured in a car accident?

May 02, 2018

If you’re injured in a car accident that was caused by someone else’s careless actions, there are two types of damages—or monetary compensation—you may be able to claim: economic and non-economic.

  • Economic damages: These are damages that you can prove were an actual financial loss, such as medical expenses, lost wages, and out-of-pocket costs.
  • Non-economic damages: These are damages that are not considered an actual financial loss, such as pain and suffering and lost consortium.

We strive to get our clients the best results possible for their cases.